We watched Purple Rain on Monday for The Movie Project, and I knew there had to be a drink out there that was lovely in lavender and just as delicious. I found one of my favorite cocktail recipes and modified it a bit. Let’s call this one “Purple Rain”:
- 2 oz. of your favorite gin
- 1/2 oz. of Creme de Violette Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. of St. Germain (elderflower liqueur)
- a good squeeze of lime juice
- edible glitter (buy it here or make it at home)
If you possess some of the magic that is edible glitter, garnish your glass rim with it. Add the remaining ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into a small martini glass. Put on your raspberry beret and enjoy!